Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Brown Rice Waffles aka Mystery Waffles

I'm on a recipe roll today. So I guess I will roll with it....

These waffles come from Diane at http://www.homeschooling.net/blog/recipes/mystery-waffles/

They are great. We used these allot the first few weeks our son was on his new diet. They were great with cashew butter and maple syrup or PB with honey... you name it.

4 cups brown rice flour (I grin mine from organic long grain rice in my Bosch Nutrimill)
1 1/4 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 3/4 cups of milk of choice (I used water)

In large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. Seperate eggs. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks. Mix egg yolks into flour mixture along with milk or water. Stir until just mixed. Fold beaten egg whites into mixture. Cook in waffle iron.

These freeze well but I put some plastic between them to keep them from sticking as they froze. They were better microwaved versus reheated in the toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment