Monday, August 1, 2011

Cinnamon Almond Flour Cookies

I made these the other night with Buddy and they were YUMMY!. Considering I haven't had a cookie in about three months, I think anything that tastes close to a real cookie would be amazing to me at the moment. Be warned though, they are so good  you won't want to eat just one. But because of the oil and almond meal they are really filling. I got this recipe from Nourished and Nurtured.


"1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (you could use extra virgin coconut oil too)
5 Tb honey
1 Tb vanilla extract, preferably organic
2 1/2 cups almond flour, preferably from crispy almonds
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt 
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

Melt the butter in a small saucepan.  
Turn off heat, and stir in the honey and vanilla extract.
In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. 
Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
Drop by Tablespoon onto a stoneware or greased sheet pan.  
Don't flatten them as they will spread well on their own during baking. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-12 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. 
Allow the cookies to cool before moving them."

I used salted butter the first time I made these.  
If you use salted butter leave out the salt listed in the recipe.  
Baking Soda is not legal on GAPS Diet.  
I haven't tried it without the baking soda, it may still work. 
I will post an update when I do.

I think these would be good with raisins mixed in and some extra cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment