Friday, January 7, 2011

Gluten Free Pancakes (Take 2)



I have played a little with my pancake recipe, thanks to my sweet sister who has been trying them out. She is helping me to know if my recipes are easily reproducible in another person's kitchen. This last time I made them I took some pictures and changed one thing to hopefully create a better product for more people.



5 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp honey
4 Tbsp oil of choice ( I use safflower oil)
2 eggs
2 cup almond milk (I like Almond Breeze unsweetened) or other milk

Mix dry ingredients together and them add wet ingredients and whisk. 


Using a ice cream scoop, ladle mixture onto hot non-stick pan or griddle. I use my electric griddle and set it at 350 degrees. These pancakes seem to do better on a slightly hotter griddle than my wheat pancakes.  The honey seems to help them brown. Flip when lightly brown on one side and bubbles pop. 




Cook and eat or freeze right away. Makes about 24 standard sized pancakes. We love these with butter and agave nectar or maple syrup or even jelly.






No comments:

Post a Comment